Post-permanency Technical Assistant - Statewide
- 08-Jan-2020 to 15-Jan-2020
- - Practice Standards
- PA, USA
- Full Time
Who We Are
Family Design Resources, Inc. (FDR) works with agencies and professionals who support children and families throughout Pennsylvania. From private social service agencies to public systems for child welfare, education, mental health and juvenile justice, we provide programs, technical assistance and training to help cultivate healthy, supported families in Pennsylvania.
FDR partners with Diakon Lutheran Social Ministries to deliver the programs of the Pennsylvania Statewide Adoption and Permanency Network (SWAN). SWAN includes county children and youth agencies, private adoption agencies, Pennsylvania's Office of Children, Youth and Families, foster and adoptive parents, and many others all working together on behalf of children who need permanent homes.
SWAN Post-permanency Technical Assistant
Family Design Resources, Inc. is seeking a full-time Post-permanency Technical Assistant to support the Pennsylvania Statewide Adoption and Permanency Network (SWAN). The Post-permanency Technical Assistant provides support and technical assistance to affiliate agencies across the state of Pennsylvania that provide and propose to provide post permanency services within the SWAN network. Additional responsibilities include increasing awareness about post permanency services.
We are looking for an experienced social worker (or similar background) with a solid knowledge and understanding of the child welfare system and SWAN post-permanency services who will strive to continually improve processes and relationships.
Job duties may include the following:
- Provides technical assistance to affiliates and/or regional technical assistants working with affiliates that provide post permanency services
- Promote Post-permanency Services across the State
- Delivers existing and new post-permanency trainings to affiliates and counties across the State
- Increases awareness around the need for increased capacity among affiliates
- Meet the increase demand for trainings and develop new trainings as need dictates in collaboration with the training division
- Work with affiliates to create and maintain standards and practice
- Develops and facilitates units of service meetings
- Conducts regular site visits with affiliate agencies and units of service reviews
- Create action plans and consultations with agencies as needs dictate
- Processes post permanency referrals
- Attends trainings and reports on county or regional initiatives as request by Office of Children, Youth and Families (OCYF)
This position requires significant travel which may include overnight stays. Travel expenses are reimbursed as per our policies.
We offer the opportunity for professional growth and advancement within our organization.
We offer a competitive salary along with the opportunity to grow and advance within our organization. We offer a benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Employer-paid short term disability benefit
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Contribution equivalent to 6% of your salary to your 401(k)
Please submit your cover letter and resume to be considered.
To learn more about FDR, please visit www.familydesign.org
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media